Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Meet-up

Anybody far enough down south that they would be interested in a local meet-up in Karlsruhe? I am thinking a low-key chance to visit one of our two new Starbucks cafes. Other suggestions are welcome. Glühwein/Kinderpunsch at the Christmas market anyone?

I have one definite, but she is returning from a tour of the Americas :) at the start of the year. Molly, my faithful commenter, has also expressed interest. I walked up to a random English speaking stranger on the street yesterday, poor thing, and gave her my number. Maybe she will call and I have to harrass the neice of an aquaintance of my mothers - who just happens to live about 500 m from here.

The long and short of it is, I am up for a local( KA) or semi-local (Heidelberg-ish) meetup or both. I don't pull a whole lot of traffic here, but if you are interested too, drop me a line, or even better post on it, and hopefully, we could get a group together for an afternoon some time.

8 comments:

C N Heidelberg said...

We could probably swing a local meet-up! Any location is ok with me. We haven't been to Karlsruhe yet so that sounds kind of cool.

Martina said...

I'd definitely be interested!

J said...

I'm not local, but do have ties to KA and have been meaning to get down there for a while (last time was 2003), so I'd be interested sometime next year.

ann_ona_moose said...

Wow, so many answers so quickly. (*excited*) I will keep this post soemwhere near the top - if someone knows how to officially make it a sticky note, please let me know.

We will revisit the topic in a few weeks. Thanks - and please pass it on to other, non-blogger types that might be interested.

Paul Smith Jr. said...

Ann, if nothing else, you can forward date the post so it will appear first on the list for a while.

MG said...

sister, if you manage to get up to HD at any point, i have 2 requests i was unable to fulfill during my short visit last wed:

1. i have an HD weinachtsmarkt mug, but i wanted another, although i refused to buy another glass of glühwein. so if by some miracle you are up there before christmas, treat yourself to some glühwein and me to a mug ;)

2. speaking of mugs, i realized i wanted a mug with the silhouettes (it's an HD symbol) of a man and a woman, but i didn't see any in the stores i went into. my friend anna in switz has one, so i know they exist, but i guess everyone right now is focusing on xmas stuff.

of course, those are just requests!

hope moving went well this weekend!

Martina said...

Any thoughts on when to hold the meet-up?

jen said...

i'm up for it. now that we're back.