Sunday, October 14, 2007

For Jodi




Weak proof that there are vegetarians in Vienna. Even weaker because this vegetarian store had closed. But up until recently there was vegan ice cream to be had. And hopefully Ms J. will be pleased to hear that the fallafel restaurant made a real impression on MG - cheap and super tasty! The tahini was soooo good. I thought back fondly on Sunday Veggie Cooking at the unviersity. We don't have much middle eastern food around here (one of the things I most miss from the States.)

Here's the web address for Maschu-Maschu. And because I like torturing myself with memories of dinners past.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The namesake of the title greatly appreciated your post!

I'm surprised there isn't more middle-eastern food... I thought that there was a significant Turkish minority in Germany / Austria, but maybe it isn't as significant as I thought.

There is a German restaurant here in DC, and I went there for lunch several years ago. Normally, I'm not to worried about finding vegetarian options on the menu, but I've had really bad luck at French and seafood restaurants. I was worried about the German place, but they actually had a potato tomato goulash that was good. Not sure how officially German that was, though.