Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Raindrops on roses. . . Favorite things about Germany


I love Bernd das Brot, just as I have a thing for Smokey the Bear and Kermit the Frog
(maybe it's the middle name) so when I came across this image, I had to have it.

There is a whole series of parodies of the "Du bist Deutschland" advertising at this flickr site.

One upon a time, Kika showed Berndt all night long and there are some truly classic clips, but I think you have to catch him at a regular broadcast time, or there is always Youtube.

2 comments:

heather in europe said...

HA! i too LOVE Bernd. In my early days in Germany i used to watch him as he represented the only story line in germany i could follow. in particular i liked the all night Kika loop because it gave me enough dictionary time to truly get it. however, my childless colleagues never knew what i was talking about for the longest time. "He's a German bread, he's friends with the pink haired, high-pitched muppet. What do you mean you do not know of this Bernd?" Finally he was on a Deutsche Bahn advert so I brought him into the office.

ann_ona_moose said...

thanks for stopping by, heather.

Bernd rocks. My absolute favorite clip is his new years rant about how everything will be the same as last year - nur noch schlimmer!

It hasn't made its way to youtube yet. :(