Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Which Christmas Meme are You?

1. Eggnog, Cider or Hot Chocolate?

Eggnog. Cider is for October.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Wrap - he has his own paper that doesn't get used for any other presents.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored at home with my parents. I prefer white lights outdoors. I have never had my very own tree.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
My parents put everything up very late. The tree goes up a few days before Christmas. We are big Advent people.

6. What is your favorite Christmas dish?
Turkey.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?
Getting a three speed bike as a child. I was so excited because I initially thought it must be fore my mom. Two of my later favorite memories involve Midnight Mass in Denver - one year I went with my then boyfriend and it snowed and the next year I went with a buch of exchange students. Both incredible experiences.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember, but when my sister and I went around finger printing all the adults (graphite powder and scotch tape) and getting handwriting samples, my parents figured that the jig was up. This all decades before the advent of CSI.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No. Where I come from, you don't do that unless your family is Italian, which mine isn't.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
Whatever we've baked. We were always very good about the carrots for the reindeer as well.

11. Snow! Love it or hate it?
Love it.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes. My parents brought my skates over with them when they cam or the wedding.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?bike - see above

14. What's the most important thing about Christmas to you?
Family.

15. What is your favorite Christmas dessert?
Pumpkin chiffon pie - Christmas is a great excuse to do Thanksgiving all over again.

16. Favorite Christmas tradition?
I already wrote about lovign the BBC broadcast of "A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols" and I enjoy Midnight Mass. In some years, I have called around to my friends, and I will be able to that again this year.

17. What tops your tree?
Angel.

18. Which do you prefer--GIVING OR RECEIVING?
Receiving - let's face facts here.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
I'll be Home for Christmas always makes me cry
Religious English- O Holy Night, Religious German - Stille Nacht, O Du Fröhliche

Albums - Bing Crosby White Chrstmas and the Muppets Christmas Album

20. Candy Canes?

There are people who say "no"?

2 comments:

Paul Smith Jr. said...

My mom's family isn't Italian and they always let us open one present Christmas Eve.

If we're talking Christmas albums, then Elvis' Christmas Album has to top the list. There's no other valid choice.

Anonymous said...

I can't login and I have no mail and it's been almost 24 hours. Maybe going over to google wasn't such a smart idea.

So I'll update when I can update, right now, I can't do squat.