Tuesday, March 06, 2007

On the autobahn as a driver for the first time ans lived to tell the tale. . . well at least to report it here. Spent some time the past two days with farmers - wow, is that an dialect to deal with. Some strange goings on with a colleague as well. Does he keep directing me inappropriately because he doesn't know himself? Boy, I sure hope so.

Practiced driving for 2.5 hours tonight. I still stall out when I have to use the hand brake starting on a hill. Otherwise, it is generally going well.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Gotta love manual transmissions - I stalled as I was trying to make a quick left turn onto another road yesterday morning. Stalling is directly proportional to nervousness I think.

Haddock said...

You'll soon get used to manual transission. It becomes second nature after a while :)

Maria said...

I agree with haddock. My parent's made me learn on a manual,and it pays off now! Ok, so they put me in the truck and said "you had better figure it out before we hit St. Cloud (a REAL city)." This small town girl was poo-ing bricks, but it worked!

heather in europe said...

having only learned how to drive manual over here in germany three years ago out of necessity, i side with the above opinions.

it will become second nature over time. so much so that when you travel back you the US and drive an automatic car you'll start to press the imaginary clutch causing herky jerky movements, much to the amusement of any passengers. :-)

christina said...

I also learned on a manual and it's really easy once you get used to it. But I despise driving anyway so it doesn't help much.

Good luck to you! Even starting on a hill will become a piece of cake soon.