Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tidings of Comfort and Joy


Well, I have one more reason to be thankful this Christmas. I sent out one "initiativbewerbung" and I received an invitation to an interview. They aren't sure if they are looking to hire someone in the short or mid-term, but I am tremendously grateful for the opportunity to interview and the office location and their project focus are a good match for me. And one more treat - the interview is to be in 5 weeks, which means that I a) have time to prepare b) have 5 weeks of hope c) have to do my darndest to get my other inquiry emails out pronto for more local companies.

Plus I am still working on the dissertation editing project and I have to bake something to take on Monday to D.'s godparents. (We were invited to dinner - and there will be small children, so Christmas won't be such a wash after all.)

Busy, busy. Which is very good (and apparently catching these days).

Three more qick notes before I am outta here for today (have to get a throw-away application into the mail).

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. My sisters and I got her a digital camera (that D. and I love - his mom has the same one.) I don't know if I have ever given such a big present before. I paid all kinds of extra postage so it would get there on time. That whole kerfuffle was another reason I was up half the night on Sunday.) It arrived Tues! so I could definitely have spent less. I am just so excited and I can't wait til tomorrow for her to open her present. yey.

Today is the shortest day in the year. If that is not a reason for the heart of an expat to swell with joy, I do not know what is. It's all downhill from here to June -ahhhh.

Thankyou, Thank you, Thank you to Megan at "Still here, still foreign" for her link to a collection of Christmas classics on-line. If I were home, I would rent them and all the right people would get their money, but I am far from the mothership and watching the Grinch movie with D. last night, letting him know their was a grinch world before Jim Carey, that was a special treat.

2 comments:

Paul Smith Jr. said...

So, what time does the sun come up on the shortest day of the year by you? It seemed to rise at 8 AM in October.

Michelle said...

Hi Ann,

Hope you have a great Christmas and sounds like plans have come together for you! Good luck on the interview - I wish it was easier to find jobs in Germany for ex-pats. All the best in the New Year!