Monday, December 11, 2006

Updates jeglicher Art

In the past few days I
  • Had a really nice time at my husband's office Christmas party. I used to work there, too and it was good to see my former co-workers again. I miss them!
  • Drank way too much Glühwein.
  • Have been a bit under the weather.
  • Slept til 1300 on Sunday.
  • Chatted with my neice. Sending the jumbo Adventkalendar wins you bigtime points.
  • Watched the paint bubble and peel in one part of the bath - on to plan B (as yet unknown)
  • Watched a Swiss version of Heidi. It was unspeakably darling.
The version we saw was on Swiss TV, so of course, Heidi spoke Swiss German, but apparently there is also an international version of the DVD. I can't imagine that is anywhere near as charming dubbed, but I leaned on the Hochdeutsch subtitles once in a while because I can only speak, to quote the tutor, "...Court German, the language of educated people".

No comments: