Tuesday, December 26, 2006

We have no tree; we didn't cook - how can we be stressed?

Oy! I am hoping that the kind folks who have been stopping by recently won't be too put off by my not having blogged the past few days.

Friday evening, it was off to write a cover leter (Anschreiben), so that I could send out a copy of my resume to someone who was expecting it. Really, (*joking*) my faith in eternal punishment/reward helps me deal with the fact that I can't actually do bodily harm to the person who invented the cover letter (*joking*).

Letter written and printed, we to our photographer to pick up wedding photos and then to the post office of last refuge (still open at 19:00). Then, like all other Germans we bought enough food for a week, what with not being able to go food shopping for 4 days and headed to the appartment - 20:15.

Then we packed up our lives to head off to the far-(20 km)-away countryside for 2 weeks of cat sitting. Arrival ca. 23:00.

Saturday morning was a flurry of baking and cooking and getting out to pick up the last presents and baking again for Monday.

Sunday morning was relaxed and Sunday evening was a delight - although I could have done without the drive home through some of the worst fog I have ever experienced -
German factoid - the Germans have, in addition to their hazards a special extra bright tail-light that should be used (and only may be used) when fog has reduced visibility to 50 m.

Not being at home, I have to work out how I am going to get some pictures of Strasbourg up - but
let at least lead you to Te Deum laudemus! for some beatiful pictures of a Rorate Mass and an explanation of this German Catholic tradition of candlelit Masses in Advent. I experienced this for the first time, quite accidentally, Saturday night. I am so sorry that I missed the other ones in Advent - It was soooo lovely.



No comments: