Sunday, February 18, 2007

What we are watching

or what I am watching. "Muxmäuschenstill" or "werry, werry quiet" - the tale of a modern-day vigilante in Berlin who pursues his law and rule-breaking citizens, imposing his own penalties. I am sure it's all going to end tragically; we've already seen one of his escapades result in the death of a grafitti "artist".

Herr Quixote has already found his Dulcinea, but she is young and beautiful, and her lack of interest isn't going to lead anywhere good.

We are trying to get life organized before everything changes. We've cleaned a bit and D. did our German taxes. I still have to figure out what our State taxes look like before I can do our US taxes. It's nice to have a deadline for a lot of the smaller organizational items that had remained. The pressure allows me to make decisions - e.g. pick out presents for the neices and stick with the decision rather than continuing to search in the hope of finding something better later.

I went to my first yoga class last week. It was pretty low-key, but my muscles made me aware of their presence the next day.

All in all, not much to report.

2 comments:

Miss Kim said...

Hello Ann! I just dropped by because I heard we might be meeting in a few weeks and I want to get to know you a bit in advance! I'll drop by again and read some of your archives.
Cheers from Albania!
Kim
www.acrossthelana.blogspot.com

Mike B said...

The "crime" for which the young man is being pilloried here is somewhat more egregious of a related but more common crime of being a Stehpinkler.