Saturday, April 21, 2007

So it's Saturday . . .

and I am at work, but that is OK, 'cause I knew in advance I would be here and made sure that D. and I went out for dinner last night (and got a little tipsy on a Spanish wine I like). Other reasons, it's not so bad to be working:
1) One roadblock in my insane mini-project got cleared last night - and I found one of the solutions myself (yey me!)
2) Glorious weather and my office window overlooks the garden of the next building.
3) No one else here. No phones, no construction noise.
4) I slept a whole two hours late today.
5) D. is working today anyway (It's training, not school, but attendance is mandatory.)
6) I don't have to be here tomorrow. (A huge relief.)

My commute - bike 15 min, switch to train 5 min, train 23 min, switch to bike 10 min, bike 10-15 min is so pleasant - invigourating, relaxing - when the weather is fabulous.

Random -"I won't ever fit in here entirely" (Not that there's anything wrong with that!) thoughts of the day :

1) I will not be putting one of those little triangular neckerchiefs that scream "I am a German" on any future child of mine.

2) Germans go jogging in soccer sneakers - ow!

And I discovered something amazing this morning -


The folks over at Hope is Emo are geniouses. I only listened to the audio today in the train (new ipod, love it love it, love it).

8 comments:

Haddock said...

I never quite figured out those triangular neckerchiefs that parents put round the necks of there kids here.
Is it a fashion thing or is to collect goo or dribble or something?! :)

J said...

I commute to work by bike year round and wouldn't have it any other way.

christina said...

...or maybe I'll just take a long swim in the formaldehyde with the squid.

That was too funny. Of course I had to go to YouTube and watch all the rest of them.

Hope things are looking up for you!

Michelle said...

My turn to work on Saturday! Boo! But I think I've kind of tuned out that it is Saturday.

Maria said...

The neckerchief and strumpfhosen... two things that will never be on my child!

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

The neckerchief and strumpfhosen... two things that will never be on my child!

Oliver will have a German Oma, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do anything against this!!! ;-)

ann_ona_moose said...

I probably won't have much choice in the neckerchief business either - but now that it's all theoretical, I like think I would (and that no one would object to me naming a child Lorelei, etc.)

Bike riding in the winter/rain . . .eh, not so much.

Anonymous said...

oh my. that is a good one. where do you find this stuff??? I hope that your job situation gets better!