Sunday, April 15, 2007

Something in the water

We knew it was coming; my sister-in-law is expecting. I am surprised how much of a loop we've been thrown for. So many little monsters rearing their heads - my job, moving, etc. stand in the way for us and the clock ticks away in the background. I considered not having kids for the first time today - I honestly don't know how we would manage it. In all likelihood, it's just a bad reaction to other people appearing to have their lives in order (well paying permanent jobs from which they will not get fired and at which they are entitled to part-time work).

And the loud, demanding, and somehow endearing cat of Christmas planning fame has was euthanized after animal medicine ran out of answers for him while we were on vacation. I cried and felt silly for crying about an animal I barely knew and didn't much like, but perhaps I was lucky that there was an acceptable outlet for tears in light of all the unacceptable reasons for tears (see paragraph 1).

Things are a wee bit out of whack here at chez Moose and I am too down in the dumps to critically assess what I would have to do to be happy. Everything on my "what i need to do to be happy" list is impossible because of work, and because all my other applications resulted in rejection letters, I am not feeling fired up to go find another job - it would also further delay other things (see paragraph 1). So ends another weekend spent, largely in bed, recovering from or dreading the return to work.

My guy is great, but even saints have their limits plus he's not without his own paragraph 1 issues himself.

On a lighter note, we watched a French movie "Tanguy" last night - what a giggle! Two hoofs up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm you can disregard my email. you've got much larger things on your plate, i see.

EuroTrippen said...

Well, I could offer silly little platitudes, but instead I'll just say I hope things are looking up for you.

And if you ever need to vent in a not so public arena, I'm just an email away and happy to lend an ear.

christina said...

Oh wow, sounds like you're going through a rough patch. As Eurotrippen says, if you ever need to talk to someone who "gets it", we're all here for ya. :-)

jen said...

wow, wanna come over for some girl time? We're not that far apart and sometimes just a good cup of coffee and some off time is what the doc ordered.