Wednesday, January 03, 2007

An Explanation and A Bleg

What I didn't explain in the post below is that we are still enjoying life in the burbs with my in-laws big kitchen. (The chicken in the Römer-topf is coming along nicely at the moment.)

We have only one computer with internet access here, and I have been using most of my internet time recently for job-hunty things, and don't want to hog it too much, because my husband is home on vacation. D. is content with his coffee and the paper at the moment, though, so I thought I might indulge. Blogging might continue to be sparse for a while.

We are going to be buying pots and a knife set with wedding/Christmas money. If anyone has any comments or advice on brand names/series, we would definitiely appreciate it. We are looking to go middle of the road in our purchases. I drool over the Fissler "profi collection" pots - but at 389 eur, they are a bit too steep (and we really only need 3 pots and a casserole). Re: knives - I've read a few places that Zwilling and Wuesthof knives aren't worth the money, and I have to say that I found the handles for some of the Zwilling kives to be less than I ideal. I don't know how they can charge 100 eur for a knife where the molding mark in the handle is prominent. But I am eager to hear what other people have to say, particularly since I have seen some really beautiful dishes prepared by some north american expat bloggers *wink*.

1 comment:

Mike B said...

Some of the Ikea cookware is nice and good value for the money ... the Fissler stuff looks expensive, and is I would always go for Cuisinart if I am in France ... try Cora near Strasbourg or Hagenau. I picked up a nice setter of copper-cladware just outside of Paris for a song a couple years ago, although I'm not so certain France is the bargain it used to be before joining the Euro.