Friday, January 12, 2007

Weight 9 st. 12 (v.v. bad)

Having a difficult day. Got my first official rejection, although it was a kindly written email, and I am not sure that I have all that many more companies to write to. Perhaps a handfull more that I know about. One can't honestly expect anything to come of a first interview, so I am worried. I am one of those people who need to have a back-up plan in order to manage the stress involved with "Plan A", and right, now, I don't have much of a back-up plan.

I also don't quite know what is up with the map to the right. Googleanalytics shows hits (from real people I know, i.e. sister, highschool friend, etc) that don't show up on the map.
**Update** upon posting, map at right iproved. No, I have no explanation.

It has also required some effort not to write "in style of Bridget Jones-type person" during the past few days because I have re-read the novels, having found copies of them in English at my in-laws' house. Ok, re-read is exaggerated. Listened to the first one before the film came out on tape, saw second film. Both books much much better than films. I must say that the experience of listening to the unabridged book-on-tape was probably superior to reading the book because I "lurve" the accent. How did they come up with that ridiculous title for the German film "Chocolate for Breakfast"? Where do they come up with the ridiculous translations for every film title, or more accurately, why are the titles so seldom translated and so often transmuted?

Cruel Intentions = Eiskalte Engel

2 comments:

Paul Smith Jr. said...

According to this chart, you're right on target, if I'm correct that a stone is 14 pounds.

I wouldn't typify you as having a small frame, either, so you might be slightly underweight. (I'm using 5'9" since you're roughly my height.) Eat a cheeseburger or two!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I read british novels I start to write in a different style/mood. It's really bizarre!!