Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Jeplatzt

So only two of us showed up. I trooped around a bit after arriving a few minutes early and found the right room. What I found inside the right room was the wrong group. It was a very formal meeting into which I stumbled. yikes!

I don't go in real big for embarrassement, and I found the experience embarrassing, although I was where I was supposed to be.

Downstairs, I encountered YoungAdult#2. We waited long enough to determine that no one else was planning to come and headed for home.

But while I was out yesterday, I thought a lot about things I have to be grateful for and as I am feeling much better this week than I did last week, I figure, I would list one or two.

1. Baden is gorgeous.








2. My family and I are in good health. (seeing an ambulance at the neighbors' will do that to ya)
3. My coffee machine made a great espresso today, even though the beans a friend brought me from Colombia were ground too coarse.

Tonight should be the English poetry group, tomorrow ballroom dance - but Borat is playing - in English and although I know I will wince through the whole thing, I am dying to see it. I think the point that much bigotry is the result of conformity (how often people just go along with him) is well-taken. The ones that really get into on their own are pigs, but, hey, we all know they are out there. I've read that there was some creative editing a la Michael Moore, which is disappointing, because a "warts and all" view should only show the warts that are really there. There are enough.

No comments: