Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Raison d'etre

So why all the secrecy?

A while back , I started up a blog in an attempt to keep up with my friends and family and to keept them posted about upcoming events in our lives. Two things happened. On the one hand, many, many people who needed the info I made available never read blog and I wound up sending the emails I was trying to avoid anyway. On the other, I got reactions from other relatives seconds after hitting the post button.

I had been trying to work out my frustration that the priest presiding at our wedding didn't want to give us any input on selecting the readings. I got emails from the German relatives pronto that the translation I had linked to was antiquated or that our approach to x,y,z was inappropriate. We offended people right and left without any intention of doing it.

My cover on that blog was "blown" from the very start, out of necessity, but with it went whatever hope I had of using the blog to blow off some steam. So here we are.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

hah ha! I was wondering where you'd gone to. Someone else that I read used the "Raison d'etre" name and it wasn't you so it totally confused me lol

I rediscovered you when you commented at Foreign in F'furt.

belinda/island girl

ann_ona_moose said...

Ooooh, I have the sinking feeling, that you might have me confused with someone else! At any rate, I am grateful that you have stopped by because I have been reading your blog as well - and doing my best not to envy you getting to both spend time with your family and enjoy tropical weather at Christmas.