Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps


Thank you for the encouragement to see that there is an opportunity to be taken advantage of for us this Christmas. I have been trying to think through what I have liked and not liked in Christmases past.

I do not want to end up in front of the TV or at the movies because I have the sense that there is nothing else to do.

I want to go to church where it isn't lame. Midnight Mass at 9:45 isn't Midnight Mass. I want an orchestra and darkness and candles and a sense of mystery. I would like it to be packed and I want to have to get there early to get a seat.

If you ever have the chance to spend Christmas in Denver, there is only one place to go.

But with Denver so far away, we might be headed to Strasbourg for Christmas - groovy Midnight Mass and Christmas markets before and after. I would miss out on my BBC Christmas Music though and I couldn't call home. A lot to think about.

No comments: